Monday, February 25, 2008

Web 2.0 Much?

My boring old computer
Could type up my reports
Could send out my dull letters
And business-like retorts.

But web 2.0 came and changed things,
Now all is quite bizarre
Linked-in, betwittered, "Friended";
Connections from afar.

The data stream is endless
I’m never ever friendless.
Micro-blogging here we go...
My life’s minutiae, blow by blow.

I know when you're out jogging
I know when you've been blogging…
Superficial? Artificial?
Anything real to read?

Drip, drip, drip, drip
Voices all around;
Can anyone truly hear these days,
Drowned out by walls of sound?

Presidential candidates
Themselves are all a-twitter
Chirp loudest and be heard by all...
Political big hitter??

Online living...
Offline losing?
Web 2.0 democracy?
What are we really choosing?

MySpace is now your space.
'I' transformed to 'we'.
Somewhere, somehow
I lost a part of me?

No comments: