Thursday, March 6, 2008

Twitter in plain English-ish

Twitter in Plain English:



Not sure what I make of this video to be honest. It does touch on some of the stuff Twitter can do, but it doesn't make it a 'killer app' (busily crosses self for using geek speak in public). There's nothing about sharing resources. Sharing news. Connecting with colleagues. Tagging of entries. Discovering others who have similar interests etc. Sounds mildly socially interesting... but a little bit sad from this description and it's probably the understanding I had of it about a year ago too. The 'why on earth would I want to tell everyone I was drinking tea, they know I've got to be drinking something' disbelief that it could be of any real use to anyone.

Anyhoo, worth a look for an introductory gambol around the delights of Twitter.

No comments: